Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Evidence Not Seen

I dearly love good biographies as well as fiction.  I wanted to review one of my all time favorites for you!

This is by far one of the best missionary biographies I've ever read. Darlene tells her story in a quiet, humble way that captures you and never lets you go. She never gives details of the tortures she went through while in the Japanese prison, just of the times she weeps and tells God she can't go through that again--and yet He gave her the strength she needed each time. She doesn't sugar coat the times she despaired, but God's hand is shown mightily each time.

I had the privilege of watching her tell this story on video. The book sounds exactly like her. I wept many times while watching her tell her story, and I wept just as many times reading this book. A touching, convicting, awe-inspiring story of a woman who gave all for God. I cannot recommend this highly enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!