Friday, February 8, 2013

Noah Webster: Father of the Dictionary" by Isabel Proudfit

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a gem of a book!! This is a great book on the life of Noah Webster, writer of the famous "blue book" speller, the Noah Webster Dictionary and many, many other books. This book seems to be focused on the age level of older children, but very enjoyable, even for adults. I had never read a biography on Noah Webster, and was amazed at the sheer volume of books, essays, articles, etc that he wrote during his lifetime. He had a stick-to-itiveness that is sorely lacking in our generation today. He had a burning desire to learn, and then to help teach others, and didn't let anything stop him from doing the work he believed he needed to do. Our lives are so much richer due to the work he completed in his lifetime. I heartily recommend this book to all.

A copy of this book was sent to me to read and review by Bradford Press through BookCrash.com. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!