Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Staying Alive: A Love Story by Laura B. Hayden

Staying Alive: A Love StoryMy rating: 1 of 5 stars

I was interested to read the story of how this woman dealt with the unexpected death of her husband at a very young age. This is listed as a Christian book. It is not. The author is Catholic, and the beginning of it just made me feel worse and worse as she seemed to have no hope. Yes, I would be devastated if my husband died, but I also know I will see him again in Heaven. The book made me think of the verse in the Bible that says "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep [dead], that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope." (1Th 4:13). What finished the book off for me was her not just swearing, but actually using the 'f' word!! I was horrified that this was listed as a "Christian" book! I did a super fast flip through the rest of the book and while the pages were flipping saw at least two more swear words. Needless to say, I did not finish this book. If I could give it no stars, I most certainly would. No only can I not recommend this book, I heartily recommend that you do not read it!

I received a copy of this book from BookCrash for my honest review. I also contacted them per the issues above before actually writing this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!