Thursday, May 22, 2014

Unstoppable by Nick Vujicic

Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nick Vujicic is a fascinating person. Born without arms and legs, his parents refused to coddle him and let him be labeled "special needs" or "disabled", but raised him to do for himself all he could and to never give up. "Unstoppable" is a great book on overcoming adversity--both in his own life and in stories he shares of others. Reading this book makes you stop and look at your own life and realize one of two things: "My life is actually pretty great and I need to stop worrying about the unimportant, bothersome things" or "Look at what they went through and how they came through it with God's help. Maybe I can handle this, too!"

Nick is very open and honest in this book--sometimes almost TOO open--about his faults and failures and trials he's gone through. It's sure to be an inspiration to anyone who reads it.

I received a copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!