Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"A Ranger's Trail" by Darlene Franklin

A Ranger's Trail (Texas Trails #4)My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Leta Denning's husband is murdered at the start of the Mason County War, and all she wants is revenge. Buck Morgan is a Texas Ranger sent in to find the truth. Trying to show Christ's love, he starts helping Leta out at her ranch, becoming close to her, her son and her brother. Life gets more complicated as he finds those close to him on both sides of the war. Can he stay impartial, and will Leta stay fixed on revenge or learn forgiveness?

Book 4 of the Morgan Family series is just as good if not better as the other three. Historical fiction based on fact is a favorite genre of mine, and this one delivers. Bits and pieces from newspapers at the time, letters and more start each chapter, which was a very nice touch. There is a little romance in the book, but it doesn't interfere or over-run the main story line. This is a historical/western/adventure book first and foremost, and I am very excited to read the next book in the series.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I am not required to give a postive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!