Thursday, May 2, 2013

"The Quarryman's Bride" by Tracie Peterson

The Quarryman's Bride (Land of Shining Water, #2)My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Emmalyne is weeks away from marrying the man she loves when tragedy strikes and her father invokes "the tradition" forcing Emmalyne to stay home to care her parents and cancel her wedding. Tavin reacts in anger at Emmalyne's refusal to run away with him, and the lovers are separated. Can they find their way back to God from the bitterness of their situations, and is there any hope for their future?

This was a very different book. Frankly, I wasn't sure I cared for the first half of the book. The storyline was dark, and many of the characters so unlikeable. The author managed to craft a story that turned towards light without stooping to unrealistic happenings. I thoroughly enjoyed Emmalyne's discussions with her pastor and the way some of the characters turned around. It felt very realistic and well done. There were a couple of bits of the story (I'm not going to give spoilers) that I really could have done without, but over all it was well written and I enjoyed it.

I received a digital copy of this book from Bethany House through NetGalley.com for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!