Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Creation Museum!

The Creation Museum in Kentucky is a great field trip for homeschoolers!!  Okay, it wasn't officially a field trip for us as we're out of school, but it was a great trip, regardless.  To make it even better, throughout the entire year of 2014, kids 12 and under get in free with an adult ticket purchase.  That took us down to only having to buy 4 tickets, which was a big help.  We had so much fun! 

There is so much to see and do at the museum--something for everyone!   My oldest dd loved the gardens outside, especially the suspension bridge.  DD 2 loved the special effects theater, and  dd 3 loved the the outside the best as well, including the petting zoo.  My youngest loved the dinosaurs--they were definitely her favorite, along with the camel ride!!  (Camel rides are extra and not something we'd normally do, but this was our first family vacation in a few years and we had to trim it from a week to 2 days at the museum due to circumstances beyond our control, so we splurged on camel rides for the girls.  They loved it!)
The suspension bridge
I can't add a photo of my favorite part as photos weren't allowed.  Verbum Domini ("The Word of the Lord") was an exhibit of very old bibles, scrolls, etc.  Fascinating!!  Of course, my second favorite was probably the bookstore! lol  I am a serious book addict, and finances is the only thing that kept me from leaving loaded down!  They have the curriculum I plan to use for teaching my kids anatomy--"Body of Evidence" dvd set and study guide.  I can't wait to get it, but have to recoup from this year's curriculum purchases first! lol  Thankfully, I don't need it until the 2015-2016 school year, so I have some time.  Frankly, I want to dive in it myself!  Before I was married I worked in the medical field some and learned a lot, but I think this would be so much better coming from a Christian/creationist perspective.



There is so much to see and learn here, and I highly recommend it to not just homeschoolers, but just anyone who loves God and His creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!