Monday, June 23, 2014

Vacation Bible School

We had a great week this past week in Vacation Bible School at our church.  I was able to be the assistant in the Primary class (1st & 2nd grade), and my dh was the teacher in the Juniors (5th grade-???).  For the first year, our oldest dd was a general helper instead of an attendee, and did a great job! 
My oldest dd (on the right) with one of the other helpers.


I am so proud of my girls!!  My oldest attendee won the prize for most Bible verses in her class.  All those memory verses throughout the year really came in handy!

My 12-year-old won for most visitors!  This was such a blessing to her, as she's been wanting a backpack for awhile now.  Both of her older sisters have one (the 13-year-old won hers in VBS last year!), so she really worked hard to win that backpack! :-)

The youngest won for most verses in her class--which makes me proud of her since she had a flare-up of hives and missed one night.  There was a little mix-up with names, so she didn't get her prize immediately, but I'm proud of her all the same!  And, yes, that is a "grass skirt" she's wearing! :-)  We had a tropical island theme, and one of her little friends bought it for her to wear over her clothes.  She LOVED it!

We all had a blast (though I think the adults were ready to be done at the end we were so tired! lol) and were privileged to be able to serve the Lord in VBS.  I want to give a big plug to my wonderful dh for pouring him into this ministry this week!  As a former police officer and SWAT team member, Hawaiian shirts aren't exactly his style, but he was a great sport and went for it.  He worked all week at a different site than normal which added a lot more driving time, and rushed home to change, inhale a little food and get to VBS.  I love my hubby!!
DH (on the right) talking to his class before the certificates were handed out.


What opportunities has God given you to serve Him, and are you grabbing each of those opportunities, or letting them pass you by?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!