Friday, March 29, 2013

"Long Trail Home" by Vickie McDonough

Long Trail HomeMy rating: 4 of 5 stars

As a young girl, Annie is forced by her father to steal becoming an expert pickpocket. When her father finally abandons her in Waco, TX, she comes across a school for the blind and decides to pretend to be blind to have the safety and love the children there know.

Fast forwarding a few years, Riley Morgan returns from the war to find his parents dead and his fiance married. Taking a job at the Wilcox School for the blind, he finds himself becoming more and more interested in the pretty, blind young woman that works there.

This is book #3 in the Morgan Family Series, a series which I am thoroughly enjoying reading. I like the characters and the story lines. However, this one dropped a star for trying to convince you that for all of these years, Annie has been able to fool everyone in town except the two women who work at the school. Incident after incident should have completely given it away, especially to Riley. That was just unbelievable. Over all, though, it was a good story that I enjoyed reading.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!