Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Reflections of Rosalyn: A Life of Victory" by Theresa Franklin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The story of Rosalyn and the events that shaped her life. The book starts as Rosalyn faces life without her beloved husband who she just lost to a long illness. It jumps back and forth between the present and her past. Unfortunately, that's where the author lost me. I've read books in this style before and, while not my favorite, they were okay. This book seemed very choppy and disjointed. It would take me a minute to figure out which time we were in. Many times the switches made no sense--they didn't flow at all--while other times something she was facing in the present would bring a memory of the past. I felt like the book never really came together. Some of the story line felt forced, as well. Other than a couple of bad incidents, things seemed to just constantly fall into place in Rosalyn's best interests which seemed very unreal. This book had a lot of promise, but I felt it didn't quite live up to it.

I received a digital copy of this book from the author through CWA for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!