Sunday, April 28, 2013

"A Bride for Noah" by Lori Copeland

A Bride for NoahMy rating: 3 of 5 stars

A nice, light read from Lori Copeland. Evie partners up with a "kindly, older gentleman" and heads out west to make her way in the world. There she meets Noah who has gambled everything on a fresh start in life. Noah as been badly hurt by a woman before, so he is less than happy to see Evie show up--but he can't stop thinking about her.

I love that the book is based on real people. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline of building a new settlement in virgin territory. Evie was really irritating for the first half of the book. Yes, she had gone/was going through some rough time, but her actions ranged at times from slightly annoying to totally obnoxious. Thankfully, she matured some and became a much more likeable character later in the book. Miles, Evie's partner, starts out a kindly man and ends up being a royal pain throughout most of the book. I enjoyed most of the other characters in the book--let's face it, you're not supposed to like some of them! The storyline was great, but things just seemed to wrap up so perfectly in just a chapter or so which detracted from the book somewhat in my opinion.

I received a digital copy of this book from Harvest House through NetGalley.com for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!