Friday, April 26, 2013

"Once Upon a Prince" by Rachel Hauck

Once Upon a PrinceMy rating: 3 of 5 stars

Susanna Truitt is scrambling to rebuild her life after being dumped by her boyfriend of twelve years. Prince Nathaniel is taking one last holiday as his father is terminally ill and he knows he will be king within a year. Neither expected to fall in love.

I'm having a hard time reviewing this book. It is such a mixture of laugh-out-loud funny, eye-roll silliness, some please-don't-tell-me-you-really-went-there groans and a few sweet moments all rolled together into one book. There are some great characters in this book, and a really lovely story line. I had a real issue with Susanna waiting for twelve years through military training, multiple deployments and all being a military girlfriend entails and then so quickly "realize" that you didn't really love him, it just was a "safe" plan that you got caught up in. Major issues keeping Nate and Susanna apart are magically fixed up with ease with plot "twists" that you see coming a mile away. Like I said, I liked the characters and the idea of the book was nice, it all just gets mucked up by some really over the top plot "twists" that nearly ruined the book for me. If you're looking for a super light read, this might be just what you're looking for.

I received a digital copy of this book from Zondervan through NetGalley.com for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!