Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Blood, Tears & Joy by Bill D. Hallsted

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a heart-wrenching book!! Andrew started life as a healthy, happy child, but at the age of two, Andy suffered his first seizure. This began a journey of doctors, medicines, prayer, heartache, bitterness and--finally--joy.

As a mother, this book was very hard to read at times. My mother's heart broke along with these parents as I read of the struggles and anguish they went through. I ached as with brutal honesty the author told of his bitterness and how he not only gave in to it, but cultivated the bitterness, not allowing himself to let go of any slight, real or imagined, each wrong diagnosis, each hurt or resentment. I loved the way God finally got through to him--in the middle of a sermon on forgiveness that the author himself was preaching! Oh, the joy that followed the rooting out of bitterness!! No, Andy wasn't miraculously healed and life didn't suddenly get easier, but the joy from God was now there and they could lean on Him for each trial in life.

I received a copy of this book from BookCrash.com for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!