Monday, September 9, 2013

Critical Pursuit by Janice Cantore

Critical PursuitMy rating: 3 of 5 stars

Officer Brinna Caruso has an obsession with missing children since she was once a missing child herself. She has built up a reputation as the one to call when a child goes missing and will stop at nothing to find them.

Jack O'Reilly chooses to move to patrol as he isn't ready to return to homicide after his wife and unborn child were killed by a drunk driver and is partnered up with Brinna--something neither one of them is happy about.

I enjoyed the storyline is this book very much. Much of it felt realistic, some didn't. Jack's super quick turnaround from being considered on the edge of insanity from anger and bitterness and close to being kicked out of the department was just a bit too quick to feel realistic. I loved Ben's character and wish there would have been a little more of him. It was great to see a friend of Jack's who is a christian as well, but doesn't give up on Jack when he turns his back on God.

You can tell this is not a stand alone book as there are questions left at the end of the book. The main storyline is wrapped up pretty good, but lots of loose ends in the characters lives are screaming "sequel".

I liked this book, but I can't say I "loved" it. I would like to see what a sequel would do with these characters, though, so I'm keeping an open mind for the next book.

I received a digital copy of this book from NetGalley.com for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!