Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Wishing on Buttercups by Miralee Ferrell

Wishing on Buttercups: A NovelMy rating: 3 of 5 stars

Beth has struggled through the years with the scars on her body that she's not even sure how she got. She doesn't know where her family is or what happened to her. After some bullying as a child, she has ceased to trust pretty much anyone. Jeffrey has secrets of his own, but is drawn to the quiet young woman at his boarding house. Will their secrets keep them apart?

Too many secrets!! That was my overwhelming thought after finishing this book. Communication is so important and pretty much NO ONE communicated much of anything in this book until the end. It ended up quite frustrating as so many moments of anger, hurt feelings, distrust and so forth were easily fixed with a little communication or even just paying attention to the other person. This made for a book that was hard to read at times.

I received a digital copy of this book through NetGalley.com for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!