Thursday, September 5, 2013

Trapped by Irene Hannon

Trapped (Private Justice, #2)My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read a lot. I also really love mystery/suspense books. The downside to that is that it takes a lot for me to give a really great rating for this kind of book. I don't like predictable, and this book was pretty predictable for me. It's kind of funny that the only thing that surprised me was the lack of this author's normal "send the hero out of town/state/country just in time for the heroine to do something stupid and get caught by the bad guy" kind of twist. It looked like everything was being set up for that to happen again, but thankfully she ditched it this time.

Laura is a really nice woman who has been thrown in over her head after taking in her teenage half sister who has been pretty much doing what she wants up until now. She really cares about people and has a heart of gold. Darcy deep down has a good heart, but is pretty much of a brat in the beginning. She's gotten used to doing what she wants, and doesn't appreciate the boundaries Laura is trying to put into place. Dev is....I never could quite make up my mind. I never really trust the guy who dates a new woman every few weeks and suddenly turns into a one woman kind of guy as soon as he meets "the one" who, of course, is the anti-thesis of his "type".

As the wife of a former police officer, I really appreciated Dev staying inside the law (mostly) and the frustration of knowing something was wrong, but legally not being able to do anything about it. That felt very real. The story line had great possibilities, and I really liked Laura and, eventually, Darcy. They brought my rating up to 3 stars.

I received a digital copy of this book from NetGalley.com for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!