Monday, December 10, 2012

"Fatal Judgement" by Irene Hannon

Fatal Judgment (Guardians of Justice #1)Fatal Judgment by Irene Hannon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read these out of order, but thankfully, it didn't make a huge difference. I read #2 first and liked it so much I went in search of the first book.

I really like Irene Hannon's characters. Liz is a sweet lady who has gone through and is going through some pretty rough stuff, but doesn't turn her back on God and get bitter. That doesn't mean she's perfect and doesn't occasionally question God (who among us hasn't at one time or another?!?), but she still trusts Him and leans on him. She is instrumental in getting Jake heading back toward God.

Jake is a great character. I love the fact that even though he had a really bad opinion of Liz at the beginning, he doesn't let it cloud his judgement and is pretty quick to start questioning the information he had been given about her. He keeps his heart and mind open to the possibility that he was wrong, and has no problem admitting so when the truth becomes clear.

The story line was well written. I enjoyed the pace of the book. You know who the "bad guy" is fairly early on, but that doesn't detract from the story at all. In fact, you get to understand what drove him to these actions. It doesn't make you sympathize with what he does, but it does make you understand more what made him tick.

Excellent book that I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm looking forward to reading book #3 soon! :-)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!