Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"Would You... Read Me To Sleep?" by George E. Edenfield

Would You Read Me to Sleep by George E. Edenfield
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was so excited to get this book to review!! "Would You...Read Me to Sleep" is a sweet story I'd be happy to read to my kids over and over. I love how the book begins with the little girl asking her daddy to read her to sleep, and ends with the daddy asking the grown-up daughter to read him to "sleep". It was very precious and touchingly written for the most part.

There are some issues with the book, though. One is that the little girl in the beginning is young enough to have a "bah-bah" and calls her daddy "Dah-Dah", but then goes on to speak in grown up sentences. The worst one was "Dah-Dah, if you could have anything you wanted, what would it be?". That's quite a sentence for one so young! I realize some very young children have advanced vocabulary, but if her vocabulary was that advanced, she would be saying "Daddy" and "bottle" as well. There are many "advanced" words in the book that younger children (which seems would be the target age) would have trouble understanding.

This looks like it's supposed to be a book for kids giving them the gospel, but it is very unclear. The book talks about seeking and finding the seven golden keys to unlock The Great Treasure of Golden Destiny, and it seems those gold keys are the words "Well done, thou good and faithful servant", but there is nothing telling you how to get there! It talks about the different Bible stories, though it calls the Bible a storybook--another small issue, but it never actually tells the child how to get saved.

I gave this book two stars due to the sweet storyline, and just the beauty of the book.

I was provided this complimentary copy to read and review from Golden Garden Publishing through BookCrash.com. All statements are my own, personal opinions.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!