Thursday, December 27, 2012

"The True Account of Adam and Eve" by Ken Ham

The True Account of Adam and Eve by Ken Ham
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was so excited to get this book to review from New Leaf Publishing!! It's hard to find Biblically accurate Bible stories any more. Ken Ham went above and beyond in this book. I love the fact that he not only gives an in-depth account of Adam and Eve, but he even goes so far as to refute common arguments kids might hear against creation. I only gave it 4 stars for two reasons. One, I hate that they don't use the King James Bible. I know many might disagree with me, but it just strikes a bad chord with me when I read books using other "versions". Secondly, it can be a tad wordy at times, which can definitely put off some kids. My 10-year-old loved it, the 11-year-old liked it, but my 13-year old thought it was boring. They all agreed that the picture of Adam being formed from the ground was just plain creepy. It is a beautiful book, though, that I would recommend to others.

I was sent this book by New Leaf Publishing for my honest review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Sandra, You have a beautiful blog! And it's so neat knowing Audrey is your sis:) Thanks so much for your commitment to godly books. You're a light and it's shining!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!