Monday, January 14, 2013

"Better to be Broken" by Rick Huntress.

Better to Be BrokenBetter to Be Broken by Rick Huntress
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was immediately intrigued by this book, and couldn't wait to read it. At only 122 pgs, it didn't take long, but what a ride! While in the Air Force Reserves, Rick Huntress is training to load cargo on the back of a C-130 when the hydraulics and failed dropping the 2 ton cargo door on his head resulting in a head injury as well as shattering three thoracic vertebrae and severing his spine leaving him paralyzed from the mid-chest down. This is a wonderful, brutally honest book that I would recommend to anyone. Rick does not spare himself one bit in the writing of this book, but takes the opportunity to show you what he was, and then what he became through Christ's intervention and the results of a terrible accident. He went from a prideful, arrogant, do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-where/what-I-want kind of person to an open, loving, kind, giving man ready to serve his family, friends, the man on the street and ultimately, God. Rather than letting his "disability" get him down, he now uses it as a tool to minister to others. He shares how God worked in his life and how the Word of God became precious to him once more. It was such a blessing to find all the verses were from the King James Bible!!

I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 due to the length. At times I felt rushed through the story and that it could have been fleshed out more.

I received this book from Sable Creek Press through BookCrash.com for my honest opinion. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!