Friday, January 11, 2013

"Vanished" by Irene Hannon

Vanished (Private Justice, #1)Vanished by Irene Hannon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I couldn't wait to read this book! What a fascinating premise--a woman hits someone on a stormy night when they run out in front of her, but they disappear and no one believes her. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I liked Moira and Cal, the two main characters, and the story being centered around PI's instead of your normal law enforcement. This isn't really a "whodunit", as it's pretty obvious early on who the "bad guy" is, but that works with this book. What did not work as well for me is that the main characters are supposed to be christians, yet she wears her mini skirts to show off her great legs and he blatantly enjoys the view. What happened to christians being christians and trying to remain pure? I've noticed this trend in all of Irene Hannon's books I've read, and it really bothers me. In all of them, the woman is showing off her body in some way and the guy is enjoying it. Obviously, not everyone will agree with me, but it's about turned me off Irene's books. The other problem I had is that the ending of her books are all starting to look somewhat the same. The girl is obviously at least potentially in danger, the guy "has" to go out of town/state/country for a couple of days, and she does something stupid while he's gone, gets caught and he has to get back in town just in time to save the day. Ummm, I think it's time for a new device for that snappy ending. This is getting REALLY repetitive!

I was given an e-copy of this book by Revell through NetGalley.com for my honest review. All views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate any comments, but please keep them family friendly!